Hot Stone Back and Shoulder Massage
This type of massage is probably the most relaxing and luxurious massage being given today. It will melt away your stress and tension.
The Hot Stone massage is a therapeutic massage technique in which a heated stone is held by the massage therapist who uses it to apply the customary and traditional Swedish massage strokes. Because they have the tendency to absorb heat and retain it for extended periods of time, the stones which are used are usual smooth, black volcanic basalt rocks of various sizes and shapes. For the most part, these rocks are heated in water at 120 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Primarily due to the effects of the heat from the stones, the Hot Stone massage is profoundly calming and delightfully relaxing as it rapidly releases the tension out of every soft tissue, be it muscle, tendon or ligament, which is included in this treatment while gentle and comforting peace washes over the client almost immediately. The hot stones are used throughout the entire session to massage, to stroke, to press, to manipulate and to knead the client’s soft tissues.
On occasion, heated stones are laid out to rest at strategic spots along the spine as well as in the palms of the client’s hands and between the toes. This manoeuvres promotes the optimal flow of energy throughout the entire body. As soon as the stones cool down, the massage therapist will replace them with newly heated ones but areas that are inflamed, injured or swollen, will often be treated with cold stones instead of the hot ones.
To derive the most out of the Hot Stone massage therapy, clients are encouraged to:
- Indicate any discomforts such as those which might be created by stones which are too hot, by the massage therapist applying pressure with too much force, by the background music which may be too loud, by the room temperature which could be too hot or too cold and so on.
- Refrain from consuming a heavy meal and to abstain from ingesting any amount of alcohol shortly before the session.
- Arrive in plenty of time to check in and to relax before the treatment.
- Remove all their clothing and be assured that they will remain completely covered with a towel. This will give the massage therapist better access and direct contact with the skin.
- Take slow, deep breaths throughout the session as it helps to relax the body and release more toxins.
- To banish irrelevant thoughts from racing through their heads by concentrating on the feel of the therapist’s movements over their bare skins.
- Drink extra water after the massage to flush out and wash away the toxins released during the treatment.
The Hot Stone massage is beneficial in many ways as it promotes deep muscle and soft tissue relaxation, eases stress, releases toxins, alleviates pain, improves circulation and calms the mind. Quite appropriately, therefore, there is an impressive list of ailments which are treated with Hot Stone massages.
Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is one of the most popular forms of head massage also known as “Champissage” is characterised by a sequence of massage movements.
Originated over thousands of years ago in India, Indian head massage, traditionally began as family grooming with mothers massaging their daughter’s hair with oils for long lustrous locks.
Over a period of time, Indian head massage has included massage of the neck, shoulder and face with a blend of shiatsu and acupressure to relax tense areas, rebalance the energy and clear any concentrated areas of negativity.
Since there are several acupressure points on the head, a Champissage is felt throughout the entire body. The massage may be dry or oils may be used. The advantage of using oils for massage is that besides nourishing the hair, it calms the nervous system, as the roots of one’s hair are connected to nerve fibres.
Indian head massage is beneficial to those who are affected by mental and emotional stress. It helps to improve circulation in head, enhance the senses, improve memory and promote clear thinking.
If you’re suffering from headaches, migraines, insomnia, vertigo and depression, Champissage will work wonders. Air conditioning, artificial lightening, slouching in front of the PC, etc often cause stress in the neck and shoulder region. Massaging the neck and shoulder areas in addition to the head massage will bring relief from stress.
Reduces hair loss, premature balding & greying, improves eyesight and concentration due to massage of the temples, eyebrows and forehead. People with chronic spinal disorders such as osteoporosis and arthritis require a more gentle massage. The pressure should be applied according to the need of the individual.
Full Body Swedish Massage
Swedish is the most common type of massage in the world. Swedish massage is known for its long gliding strokes, kneading strokes, friction strokes, and percussion as well as joint movements that feel great while improving range of motion. It’s most often thought of as a “spa” type of massage but it’s much more than that. Swedish massage is great for reducing stress, improving circulation, improving range of motion of your joints, and helping you actually feel better in your own skin. Swedish massage can range from light pressure to a heavier pressure depending on your comfort level. It’s more than just a “feel good” massage it is very therapeutic.
The most outstanding health benefits of the Swedish massage are in:
• Relaxing of tired, tense or overused muscles.
• Improving blood circulation without overburdening the heart.
• Increasing flexibility and widening the range of motion by stretching the
body’s soft tissues: muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints and connective tissues.
• Stimulating the nervous system while simultaneously relaxing the nerve endings.
• Decreasing the recovery time of strained muscles by cleansing the tissues of lactic acid and uric acid as well as all other toxins and metabolic wastes.