Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant derived essential oils to promote and support physical and psychological well-being.
A plant’s scent is produced by special oils–called essential oils–that it holds in special glands. Essential oils are extracted from plants in several ways. The benefit can be achieved by absorption through the skin or through the olfactory system, sense of smell. Essential oils are the pure essence of the plant and provide beautiful fragrances. It is vital that only pure oils are used in aromatherapy.
Research shows that some benefits of essential oils are:
- Relax your body and soothe sore muscles
- Fight cold and flu symptoms
- Decrease sinus and lung congestion
- Kill bacterial, viral, and fungal infections
- Heal skin conditions, wounds, and reduce inflammation
- Alleviate pain
- Tone and moisturize skin
- Reduce cellulite and wrinkles
- Aid blood circulation and improve digestion
- Stimulate the immune system
- Regulate hormones
- Clean your home
- Be used in homemade personal care products